Clear Channel, iHeartRadio, WSUS, MAX, WNNJ
The Community Calendar whether presented online or on-air is a FREE service for those groups, individuals and organizations that cannot afford paid advertising in any form and that utilize no paid advertising, such as but not limited to cable TV, broadcast TV, newspapers, radio, direct mail, Internet, etc.
The spirit of this portion of our website, as well as the PSA material that is read on air, is to give those community organizations that have no way of paying for advertising a means to spread the word about their services and events. Posts that go against this spirit will be removed without notice.
If your organization is interested in partnering with one of our stations to promote an upcoming event please contact:
- The Franklin Fire Department is looking for new members to join their team! Visit www.franklinfiredept.com for details on how to join.
- Join the United Methodist Church on the first Friday in every month at 7:30pm for a Coffee House night, with coffee, fellowship, and live music. Located at, 111 Ryerson Ave, Newton NJ. Call 973-383-4450 for further information.
- St. James’ Episcopal Church of Hackettstown will be holding its 5th annual Golf Outing on Monday, May 20, 2013 at Farmstead Golf & Country Club in Lafayette NJ. The cost per individual is $125. This includes golf, cart, box lunch, event gifts, and banquet dinner afterward, as well as door prizes, and eligibility for the on-course contests: longest drive and closest to the pin, etc. Registration and box lunch are at 12:00. A shotgun start at 1:00 will follow with a scramble play format. The money raised from the Golf Outing will be used to help carry out the ministry and mission of St. James’ Church. This has recently included sending a team of teens to help repair houses in Appalachia and opening our parish hall as a warming and food center during Hurricane Sandy this fall. For questions or to register, please contact the Golf Committee by e-mail at: email@example.com or visit the church’s webpage at www.stjameshackettstown.org.
- Prince of Peace Lutheran Church will be having a fundraiser at the Friendly's in Wantage on May 20th from 6pm - 9m. The fundraiser will be to support their vacation bible school program "Kingdom Rock". There will be information on the program available for families who are interested in attending.
- Immaculate Conception Regional School will be hosting an Open House on Tuesday, May 21, at 7pm. School tours and registration information will be available. Immaculate Conception offers full day programs for children in grades Pre K 3 through 7 in an environment focused on spirituality, discipline and academic excellence. Come see what Immaculate Conception can offer your family. For more information, or to schedule a tour, please call the school office at 973-827-3777 or visit icrsschool.com.
- The Spring Evening Fashion Show will be held To Benefit the Northern New Jersey Veterans Cemeteryon Thursday may 23rd at the McNeice Auditorium on 105 North church Road, Sparta, NJ Admission for the night is $15.00 per person. Food will be served at 6:30-7:30 and the fashion show starts at 7:45. For more information on this event contact Sussex County Technical School at 973-383-6700, extension 243, or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make friends for life, visit exciting destinations and get to know a new culture while having the time of your life. Study abroad with California Dreaming Exchange a not for profit organization and explore everything the world has to offer. Call C.D.E. today at 858-433-0569 or visit them at www.cdeusa.org. They offer great programs to over 40 different countries and several scholarships. Don’t miss out on everything the world has to offer. Call today at 858-433-0569 or visit www.cdeusa.org.
- A huge indoor flea market will be held at the First Presbyterian Church on
- Sons of Italy Italian Festival will be at the East Fishkill
- Every Friday Starting May 31st and Ending October 11th will be bingo night at the St. Vincent's Church in Dingmans Ferry. Doors Open at 5:30.
- The Lafayette Fire Department is having a roast beef dinner on June 1st. Food will be served form 5-7pm; admission is $11 for adults and $6 for children under 12. For tickets or additional information please call 973-383-2309.
- June 2nd from 10:30am-1:30pm at Rossevelt Park in Edison, the 3rd Annual PHun Walk for a Cure will be held. This is a 3 mile walk with lunch, a live DJ, raffles, activities for Children, and a balloon release, dogs and children are welcome at no additional fee. This walk is held in honor of Olivia Marie who was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension at the early age of 4 months. Log onto http://www.firstgiving.com/phassociation/power-for-ph-2013 for more information. donations can be made at http://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/christina-rodrigues/power-for-ph-2013
- The Friendly’s in Sussex will be hosting the Community Choral Society fundraiser where guests will be treated to a concert performance. The event will take place on Monday, June 3 from 6-9pm. A portion of all purchases made during those hours will be donated to the Choral Society. Any food purchased on site, by phone, email or internet will count. Please come out for dinner or dessert and enjoy a free concert as well.
- There will be a Baseball bus trip to see the Yankees vs.Orioles game on Saturday June 6th, sponsored by the American Legion Post 213 in Sussex. The bus leaves at 9:30am and will return 1 hour after the game ends. $100 will include transportation and ticket in section 207. For additional information call post 213 at 973-875-3551 or call Marty at 973-841-0865
- Support Sparta High School Football at a golf outing on Friday June 7th. The outing includes gold, buffet lunch, happy hour dinner and prizes. For more information contact the Sparta High School Football Booster Club or call 201-875-2822.
- Fire house 5K run and community walk will be held in Newton on June 8th at 9:30am. The race begins on Spring Street near
- 10th Annual National Lemonade will be on June 7-9, 2013. Hosting a fundraising lemonade stand was the inspired idea of ALSF founder Alexandra “Alex” Scott. True to the spirit of the phrase “when life gives you lemons, make lemonade,” Alex, at age four, held a lemonade stand to help find a cure for all childhood cancers, including her own. Since that time, more than 20,000 Alex’s Lemonade Stands have been held across the country. While volunteers hold stands throughout the year (often setting them up indoors, in cold weather seasons), National Lemonade Days is a time when volunteers everywhere can join forces as they hold stands simultaneously across the country. Most importantly, National Lemonade Days raises more than $1 million for childhood cancer research, one cup at a time! Every June, this three day event is open to all who want to participate by holding their own fundraising stands or events. Gather your family, your co-workers or your friends, and have fun creating your own Alex’s Lemonade Stand event. See the difference we can make, in one weekend, together!
- OSCAR Pet Adoption has added adoption days: Saturday June 9th from 12-3 at Salon Di Panaache located at 51 Trinity Street in Newton NJ. Saturday June 15 from 9-4 at Executive Realty located at 54 Woodport Rd in Sparta NJ. Saturday June 30 from 11-2 at Petco located at 275 Rte 10 in Succasunna, NJ. For additional information log onto www.oscaranimalrescue.org
- On June 8, 2013 Mothers & More Sussex Countywill be hosting a Mothers Market/Fathers Market and Swap. Book your table or outdoor spot at our market at the Byram Twp Fire Department on Route 206 in Andover. For more information call 973-293-0066
- The Sussex County Department of Human Services, Division of Senior Services, Municipal Alliance and the Veterans Committee will be sponsoring a veteran’s outreach program entitled “Vettes to Vets” in conjunction with the Pocono Mountains Corvette Club. This event is scheduled to take place at the Chatterbox Restaurant, located at One State Route 15, Augusta NJ on Friday, June 14, 2013, from 5 p.m. – 8 p.m.
- Autism Radio will be hosting a local screening of a powerful documentary on vaccine safety; on Saturday June 15th at 1pm at McNeice Auditorium 105 North Church road in Sparta NJ. Admission is $10; all proceeds got to Autism Radio, a non-profit organization.
- Sussex County Arts and Heritage Council will be having their 15th annual garden tour on June 15 from 10 – 4pm. Reservations can be made by calling the arts Council (973-383-0027) or paying on line through event on our website (www.scahc.org).
- Help send kids to summer camp 5K Run Sponsored by Faith with Love FelloShip Bible Church will be held at Mapel Grange Park in Vernon NJ on June 22nd at 9am. Walk or run to invest in the life of a child. There is a 10 registration fee, donations of $20 or more will receive a commemorative t-shirt. Register online at www.active.com or call 973-764-1174
The Alzheimer’s Association Walk to End Alzheimer’s is the nation’s largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. The Walk will be held on Saturday, September 21 at the Chickasaw Bricktown Ballpark. Registration/check-in will open at 8:30 am, the opening ceremony will begin at 9:30 am, and the Walk starts at 10:00 am. Sign up as an individual, join a team or start a team in just a few simple steps at okcwalk.com. This site is your one step shop to register, recruit team members and fundraise. For more info visit okcwalk.com or call 800.272.3900."
- United Way is having their annual B.O.O.M.R Bike tour on October 12, 2013 from 7:30am- 3:00pm. To preregister and for additional information log onto UnitedwayNNJ.org