Clear Channel, iHeartRadio, WSUS, MAX, WNNJ
The Community Calendar whether presented online or on-air is a FREE service for those groups, individuals and organizations that cannot afford paid advertising in any form and that utilize no paid advertising, such as but not limited to cable TV, broadcast TV, newspapers, radio, direct mail, Internet, etc.
The spirit of this portion of our website, as well as the PSA material that is read on air, is to give those community organizations that have no way of paying for advertising a means to spread the word about their services and events. Posts that go against this spirit will be removed without notice.
If your organization is interested in partnering with one of our stations to promote an upcoming event please contact:
-The Milford Music Festival and Milford Lions Club will host historic Milford Pennsylvania's Annual Tree Lighting on the grounds of the Community House on Saturday December 7th. This holiday celebration including hot cocoa, cookies and music by The Dingman Delaware School Choir under the direction of Brian Krause begins at 4:30 pm. Join locals and visitors alike for the ceremonial countdown and lighting of Milford's Christmas tree at 5:15pm, when trees throughout the downtown and the star overlooking this charming mountain town light up the rest of the streets. Once town is glowing with the twinkle of Christmas lights, Santa Claus will arrive on top of Milford Fire Department Engine 33 with a very cool team of reindeer on motorcycles from the Pike County PA chapter of ABATE. Contact Amy Eisenberg at 845-321-0544 for more information
- Saturday, December 7th The Warren County Technical School PTA with hold its 4th Annual Juried Craft Show from 9am – 4pm. Located at the Warren County Technical School, 1500 Route 57 in Washington, NJ. Free admission! For more info contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please come out and support Fredon Cub Scout Pack 92 and their Christmas tree sale at Uncle Tom’s Christmas Tree Farm, 147 Hunts Pond Road, Fredon, NJ, Sunday, December 8th 10:00AM
- Calling all pet parents to Christ Church of Manhattan for the annual free Blessings of the Animals event on Sunday December 8th at 2:00pm. This event draws a passionate and distinguished crowd of animal lovers who come to spread holiday cheer by having their beloved pets blessed by New York City Senior Minister Stephen Bauman of Christ Church and Central Synagogue Senior Rabbi Peter J. Rubinstein. The event is free seating is limited on first come first serve.
-The Sussex County Comminity Transit Citizens Advisory Committee will hold an open meeting on Thursday, December 10 at 1:00pm in the Freeholders meetings room, 1 Spring Street, Newton, NJ. The Public is invited to atten this meeting to share comments on the Sussex County Public Transportation System. For transportation to the meetin, contact Sussex County Skylands Ride at 973-579-0480 at least business days before the date of the meeting.
- Town of Deerpark Lions Club is hosting a Spaghettis Dinner Fundraiser at the Huguenot Fire Company on Route 209 in Deerpark on December 13th, from 4pm to 7pm. Eat in or take out, children above the age of 5 are $4, adults $6. The fundraiser helps provide Christmas gifts, groceries, eyeglasses with screenings and much more for the community.
- Annual Pancake Breakfast with Santa! Saturday, December 14th, from 8-11am at Vernon Twp HS cafeteria. $5 for adults, under 3 free. Proceeds for athletic scholarships. Bring your own camera!
- Saturday, December 14th is pet adoption day at Bryam Animal Rescue Kindness Squad (BARKS). BARKS is located at Living Pawsitively on Route 15 in Lafayette. Call 973-300-3185 or visit www.barksinc.com for more information.
- Come have Breakfast with Santa on Saturday, December 14th, from 9am – 11am at the Hurdtown United Methodist Church, 823 Route 15S in Lake Hopatcong. Get a picture with Santa and enjoy some wonderful food. Adults $6, kids under 12, $4.
- Join the Walpack Historical Society for a “Walpack Christmas” at the Rosenkrans Musuem, Main Street, Walpack Center, NJ within the Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area. The celebration and open house will take place on Saturday Dec 7th and Dec 14th from 1pm-4pm and on Sunday Dec 8th from 3:30-4:30pm. Refreshments will be served and live music performed. The event is free and the public is invited. For more information call 973-948-4903 or visit www.walpackhistory.org.
- Fidelians of America presents their 4th annual Harley Davidson Raffle on Wednesday, December 18th at 8pm.visit www.fidelians.com for more information or email at email@example.com. Proceeds go to benefit the Fidelians of America Exceptional Children’s camp and the Fidelians of America OUTREACH Programs.
-United Way of Northern New Jersey and the New Jersey Herald are kicking off the 21st annual Gift of Warmth new coat drive to help Sussex County families in need stay warm this winter. This year’s drive will run from November 25 through December 20 with more than a dozen drop-off locations throughout the county. Please contact Laura Bruno for drop-off locations 973.993.1160 x126.
- Santa will be riding around on a fire truck in your area on the following dates. December 7th – Lake Stockholm Area at 3:00pm, Lake Tamarack at 4:30pm, Summit Lake at 6:00pm, Deertail Lake at 7:30. December 14th – Sabine Lnae, Shauger Ter, Emerald Dr at 3:00pm, Deerfield Estates at 3:30pm, Walden, Carlton Billiande and Ridgefield Commons at 4:30pm, and Indian Fields at 6:30pm. Lastly, December 21st – Scenic Lakes at 3:00pm, Rt 517, Mountian Road and Carriage Lane at 4:30pm, and Crystal Springs at 6:00pm. Incase of inclement weather Santa will try and come the next day.
- Christ Episcopal Church in Newton will present the Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols, on Sunday, December 22nd, at 7:00 p.m. The worship service includes nine Bible stories interspersed with Christmas carols which depict the fall of humanity, the promise of the Messiah and the birth of Jesus. The renowned Christ Church Senior Choir will perform along with a brass quintet under the direction of Senior Choir Director, Joe Mello. There will be several opportunities for the public to sing along. The event is free and open to the public, although a free will offering will be taken. Christ Church is located at 62 Main Street in Newton. For more information about the Festival of Nine Lessons & Carols, call Christ Episcopal Church at 973-383-2245.
- Hamburg Fire Department will be selling Christmas Trees, Wreaths and Grave Blankets, at their Pavilion on Route 23 South, next to Hamburg Plumbing Supply. There will be over 350 fresh cut trees that can be purchased. Sales will begin Friday, November 29thm and continue into the month of December until trees are sold out. Look at the signs by our Pavilion for details.
-The Wantage United Methodist Church will be holding its 3rd Annual Christmas Day Dinner. The dinner is being held on Christmas Day at the Sussex First Baptist Church located at 4 E. Main Street in Sussex. It will be held during the hours of 1:00pm and 4:00pm. The dinner is free and open to the community. Reservations are not necessary, but appreciated. They can be made by calling Melissa Fortuna at 973-997-1822.
- Kiddie Academy of Sparta is excited to announce that they will be hosting a Hat Drive to support Hats Off for Cancer! The purpose of Hats Off for Cancer (HOC) is to provide children fighting cancer with something to make it more bearable by distributing hats donated via generous donations. Please bring new hats to our drop off box any time between Friday, December 6th, and Monday, January 6th. Monetary donations may also be made in the form of checks made out to Hats Off for Cancer. Donation may be dropped off at the Kiddie Academy of Sparta located at 233 Sparta Ave., Sparta.